Re: [802.3EEESG] [802.1 - 2977] Fwd: Energy Efficient Ethernet and 802.1

My sense of our collective assumptions are that network managers
shouldn't care
about EEE transitions -- that they are fast enough not to be of interest.
We have also talked about their being intended primarily (perhaps only) for
edge links, not for links between switches and routers.  If a network
manager
was concerned about losing data throughput during link speed transition
times,
I assume the answer would be to either disable the feature entirely for
the links
in question, or have policies to assure that transitions happen rarely
-- not any
management that is interactive.

--Bruce

--