[802.3EEESG] Call for presentations

Folks,

The first meeting of the 802.3az task force will be held during the week
of November 11-16 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta in Atlanta Georgia.  See
http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/index.html for meeting and registration
information.  I would like us to hit the ground running at our first
task force meeting.  Presentations should be focused on proposals as we
work towards developing a baseline.  My goal is to adopt the baseline
set of proposals at the end of the March 2008 meeting.  I believe this
is achievable if we get off to a good start at this meeting.

The question was raised whether or not we should consider alternatives
to frame-based communication to cause speed changes.  I think we need to
explore this, so contributions on this topic are welcome, as are any
topics contributing to development of a baseline proposal.

Prospective presenters may submit your request per the guidelines at the
Procedure for Presenters web page:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/eee_study/public/presentproc.html

Presentation requests and materials are due to me by *Wednesday,
November 7th*.  Presentations should be mailed to me at
mjbennett@ieee.org.   Early requests and / or submissions are
appreciated.  Please remember that any requests for time or submissions
of presentation material containing restrictive notices will be rejected.

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Energy Efficient Ethernet Study Group