[802.3AZ] updated and new presentations, and the unapproved meeting minutes are on the web

Folks,

The new and updated presentations as well as the unapproved meeting
minutes were uploaded to the web yesterday afternoon.  We made great
progress at the interim meeting last week.  We adopted the following
proposals into our baseline set at this meeting:

EEE Capability Negotiation proposal in hayes_02_0508.pdf
10GBASE-T proposal in taich_02_0508.pdf
10BASE-T reduced amplitude in chadha_01_0508.pdf
EEE compatible xMII Interface proposal in chou_03_0508.pdf
Energy Efficient Ethernet Switching Perspective in dove_02_05_08.pdf (we
voted on if with this file name so it remains that way)
Energy Efficient Ethernet xxMII Clarifications in dove_04_05_08.pdf (we
voted on if with this file name so it remains that way)

Recall that in March we adopted these:

100BASE-TX Low-Power Idle proposal in chou_01_0308.pdf
1000BASE-T Low-Power Idle proposal in healey_01_0308.pdf

Regarding the objectives, all that remains to be added to our baseline
are the proposals for our backplane PHY types.  I expect we will see
those at the July meeting.

Additionally, we confirmed Sanjay Kasturia as Editor-in-Chief and the
Task Force requested he create an editor's draft based on the set we
have adopted.  He has identified some volunteers to be clause editors.

The Task Force also voted to add 1000BASE-KX to the list of PHY
objectives.  You may recall that when the objectives were originally
written, the lowest speed for a given set of PHY types was assumed to be
the lowest level of power consumption.  This was done prior to the
introduction of Low Power Idle (LPI).  Some folks have signed on to work
on LPI for 1000BASE-KX and I will ask the Working Group to approve
adding the objective at the July plenary meeting.

Also note that in July, we will have a joint tech plenary session with
802.1 and we will meet with the 802.3av and 802.3ba  task forces as they
have asked for time to get an update from us.  We will meet with each
separately as they are in different phases of their projects so their
interests will be different.

Finally,  the Task Force decided to do a "service for humanity" by
rewriting Clause 25, translating the content of TP-PMD into something
more aligned with an 802.3 standard.  We decided to do this since we
will be editing that clause anyway and this was the best of the options
considered.  Based on the progress at this interim meeting, we're right
on track regarding our time-line.  Overall, the meeting was a great
success.  I think it's worth noting that all of the motions passed with
100% in favor.  This suggests to me that folks have been working hard to
build consensus.  Thanks to all of you who put in the effort to get us
this far!

Regards,

Mike

--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE P802.3az, Energy Efficient Ethernet Task Force