[8023-POEP] Plenary meeting dates

All:

I have been in touch with the chairman of the standing committee for interpretations and maintenance requests, David Law, and I believe I can say that we have reach a consensus that the isolation barrier as described in the current specification is broken.  I also believe that the PoE Plus SG contains many of the subject matter experts needed to create the fix and that the fix can not wait until the date when PoE Plus publishes.  I therefore intend to ask for a motion on Tuesday that sets aside Wednesday to prepare material for a corrigendum to the current specification.  This corrigendum would fix the error in the isolation requirements and also harmonize the test requirements of Clause 33 with the PHY requirements.  Assuming that the group agrees with the urgency of the fix, the schedule would be:

Monday – Opening Working Group plenary

Tuesday – PoE Plus materials

Wednesday – Corrigendum material

Thursday – PoE Plus materials and committee house keeping followed by a request to get made into a Task Force.

This should leave us sufficient time to polish up our three documents and ensure we work on the corrigendum.  Please plan accordingly.  The times and dates of the upcoming plenary are not changing, I am just suggesting that the PoE Plus group will have a change to our spread of subject matter.

Cheers

Mike

Michael McCormack
Texas Instruments, Power Interface Products
50 Phillippe Cote St.
Manchester, NH 03101 USA

Voice: +1 603 222 8686
Fax: +1 603 222 8580