From: owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Locke, Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:43 PM
To: STDS-802-3-POEP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [8023-POEP] Classification Concept Based on Diab/Schindler
Motion

 All,

On Sheet 4, 2-Event Type I/II (.af/.at) Interaction, Type II (.at) PSE
with Type I (.af) PD, It appears that an AT PSE always uses two
classification cycles.  I thought that if an AT PSE saw class 0, 1, 2,
or 3, that it would assume AF PD, and continue with the AF procedures.
I thought the second classification cycle was only used with a class 4
ID, and that the only purpose of the second classification was to notify
the PD that there is an AT PSE, and that the PD would get full power.

If there is only a single classification cycle for an AF PD, then the
Comments on this page are not needed.

Tom Locke