[8023-POEP] Response to P802.3at from the WG Chair

P802.3at Task Force:

This message is to inform you I have decided to refuse the below request
from your January interim meeting.
____________

IEEE 802.3at requests the chair of IEEE 802.3 to send the liaison letter
in document 0107_P802_3at_1.pdf to TIA TR42 and ISO/IEC with editorial
license to the chair.
"We would like to reference something in the cabling standard that meets
the temperature requirements for cabling, while supporting the power
objective for 802.3at, without disturbing the existing specification for
802.3af.
"If so, can you let us know the document to reference, current status,
and expected completion schedule?
"If not, can you help us by directing us to the appropriate
organization?"
________________

My decision is based on the following:
1.  Correspondence from 802.3 is to be reviewed and approved by 802.3,
this cannot occur before the March meeting.
2.  I cannot understand the question being asked well enough to edit it
into something likely to convey the TF's real question.
3.  I will not create another liaison letter for the Task Force based on
a vague and incomplete directive (like that above).
4.  Task Forces are authorized to conduct informal communications to
other bodies (something I'm guessing would be appropriate on this item).

Bob Grow
Chair, IEEE 802.3