Re: [8023-POEP] Editorial Bucket ad hoc

Hi all,

I might not be able to attend the meeting so please see my response/opinion to the suggested remedies.

Yair

---------------------------

Comment  #5:

This type of oscillations may cause heating damage to silicon at the PD or PSE due to the fact that the PD may disconnect several times during short circuit condition and since PD may loose its "memory" below 30V, consecutive startups may cause heating problems.

(This is not small signal oscillations. This is motor boating behavior i.e. low frequency oscillations that are function of PD load, PSE voltage, cable length and differences between protection algorithms)

So I believe that Caution is the right choice.

Comment #134:

Accept the proposed remedy.

Comment 253:

Slope is the effective resistance as specified in line 27 hence the use of slope in the equation is correct.

The use of "V-I sope and effective resistance  ..." is redundant.

Therefore Table 33-8 should be updated i.e. change "V-I slope" to "Slope…"

Comment #131, #162

Accept the proposed remedy.

Comment 140:

Within the concept of allowing flexible system design and acknowledging the fact that "the system" can use additional information beyond the classification methods (L1 and L2) the proposed new text reflects this objective.

Accept the proposed remedy.

 Comment # 135, #136:

Accept the proposed remedy.

Comment 168:

OBE. (If Wael is not satisfied he may comment on next draft..)

Comment 173:

The text as it is, is clear and accurate.

We can add links from this text to the state diagram like we did in some locations for the PSE and PD.

It is not possible to cover all information in the state diagram we need the text for clarity.

In addition, it is not clear to me why it is difficult to write the PICs based on the current text.

In the PICs you check if PSE is using L2 or not.

In the PICs you check if PSE is doing 1 finger or 2 fingers

If it is using L2 and has 1 finger it is compliant.

If it doesn’t use L2 and use 1 finger it is not compliant….

Reject this comment or ask the commenter for complete remedy.

Comment 199:

 The commenter is adding text that infringes the classification baseline and the numerous voting that failed around this issue since October 2007.

To be specific:

  1. The current permutation table accurately reflects what we wanted to allow and what we wanted not to allow.
  2. The Type 2 PDs are required to support BOTH  layer 2 and two fingers classification. There are no options here. The PD may choose to use the data received from L1 two fingers  or L2 but it has to implement the hardware  of both options. (two fingers hardware includes also 1 finger by definition..)

In short: REJECT.

-------------- End of my response ---- Have Fun --------