Re: FW: Composite list of tests for DTE detection

Hi Rick

Unless I am missing something, what is reasonable here is just the detection
pulses
over a CAT-3 Cable, on their own.  I am going to assume that one has the supply
noise
under control, the Switcher's noise under control in the DTE, I would be happy
with just
knowing that the spectrum of the detection pulses will not cause problems.
my take on this is should be another scan for the EMI person, As if he was
testing
for CLASS B - business as usual.

10/100 Data now that is a problem we all know how to solve, By now.

NOTE:  Another data point here is Detection Pulses going into a Box that is OFF
           and Grounded (just a quick scan) the idea is that the load seen is
not
           the ID network, but something else with a possible ground loop back
to the
           initiating supply, where the loop of detection is infinite since the
DTE END is
           OFF and can not be ID-ed.

Also a note on some of the "Warranty" - like requests, there will be risk at
the
end of the day no matter which approach we take, and unless real systems are
built
we may not uncover all the issues at this point.  Let's GO! (give and take a
few things).

Also in Reference to the CISPR 22 Conducted, now that is a Must I think also.
hope- I have reduced the test time to a day or Two worst case.
I am hoping to test CISPR 22 Conducted soon, but would like a confirmation from

someone else on my test results since this is new business...

No more cents for today, gotta hit the bank.
roger