Re: [RE] RESG Interim Meeting - Ottawa, CA - September 30 - October 1, 2004

Steve,

Relative to the following:
>> I would also suggest that the reflector focus on
>> objectives, rather than specific technical discussions.

I can never figure this out, despite numerous postings
of similar messages. I know of, similarly confused.
Within the 5 criteria, I note two in specific:

  6.4 Technical Feasibility
  For a project to be authorized, it shall be able to show its
  technical feasibility. At a minimum, the proposed project
  shall show:
  a) Demonstrated system feasibility.
  b) Proven technology, reasonable testing.
  c) Confidence in reliability.

  6.5 Economic Feasibility
  For a project to be authorized, it shall be able to
  show economic feasibility (so far as can reasonably be
  estimated), for its intended applications. At a minimum,
  the proposed project shall show:
  a) Known cost factors, reliable data.
  b) Reasonable cost for performance.
  c) Consideration of installation costs.

I fail to understand how these can be accomplished without
at least a straw-man proposal, which implies specific
technical discussions.

What am I missing?

DVJ

David V. James