Re: [RE] Stream identification at the MAC SAP

Dave,

It seems there was even a "Isochronous Network Communication Alliance (or incAlliance)"
back then,  and proprietary solution named "Priority Access Control Enabled (PACE) "
but supported by several companies "Apple, Dell, Novell, Oracle, Silicon Graphics,
Starlight Networks, and Sun Microsystems" according to an 1996 article
from Byte at http://www.byte.com/art/9603/sec9/art3.htm

with an old fashioned picture of IsoEthernet:

http://www.byte.com/art/9603/img/036st2a2.htm

best regards

Philippe Boucachard