Re: [RE] Stream identification at the MAC SAP

The rules are stated in two places:

LMSC Policies and Procedures which no longer has a requirement for IEEE 802.2 support.

6.2 Compatibility
IEEE 802 defines a family of standards. All standards shall be in conformance with the IEEE
802.1 Architecture, Management and Interworking documents as follows: 802. Overview and
Architecture, 802.1D, 802.1Q and parts of 802.1f. If any variances in conformance emerge,
they shall be thoroughly disclosed and reviewed with 802.
Each standard in the IEEE 802 family of standards shall include a definition of managed
objects which are compatible with systems management standards.

IEEE 802.3 Operating Rules 7.2
2)Compatibility with IEEE Standard 802.3
-Conformance with CSMA/ CD MAC, PLS.
-Conformance with 802.2.
-Conformance with 802 Functional Requirments

Which is due for an update as the 802 functional requirements are no longer current and conformance to 802.2 probably shouldn't be a requirement now that we have added support for the Type field and the FE project will probably enlarge the frame size above what can be supported by the length field.

Regards,
Pat