[RE] Relevant talk in Silicon Valley

Colleagues-

The following talk on A-V networking is coming up next week in Cupertino. I
will not be able to attend as I will be out of town. I hope others will be
able to go.

Geoff

(Actual announcement is at:
        http://ewh.ieee.org/r6/scv/ce/meetings/050222/2005Feb22.html#Abstract )
IEEE Santa Clara Valley Consumer Electronics Society

February 22, 2005

Title of Talk:  AV Networking: DLNA and OSGi
Speakers: Scott Smyers and Damien Inglin

Time: 7:00pm

Place:  Oak room at HP Cupertino, on Wolfe and Pruneridge
Address is 19447 Pruneridge Avenue (Building 48), Cupertino, CA 95014
Click here for a map.

Cost:   IEEE Member $5, non-IEEE member $10

RSVP:
scv.ce@ieee.org

Agenda:
6:30 - 7:00  Pizza+Drinks, Networking
7:00 - 7:30  DLNA
7:30 - 8:00  OSGi
8:00 - 8:15  Q&A
8:15 - 9:00  Networking

Web link: www.ieee.org/scvce

Abstract

DLNA – Digital Living Network Alliance – is an organization aimed at
clarifying which AV Networking standards to use in the Digital
Home.  Members come from the Consumer Electronics, Computer and Mobile
industries.  The first specification was recently published, and they are
now working on improvement.  The panel will describe what DLNA is and where
it is going.

OSGi - Founded in March 1999, the OSGi Alliance specify, create, advance
and promote wide industry adoption of an open service delivery and
management platform.  The OSGi Alliance serves as the focal point for a
collaborative ecosystem of service proficers, developers, manufacturers and
consumers.  The panel will describe OSGi and discuss current activities.