Re: [RE] Grand master identifier

Michael,
   Thanks for the explanations.

> Right now, consumers expect that when they select a channel,
> or a CD, or a DVD they will get it *perfectly*.

   I guess this is the key justification for what you are proposing and
relates to the broad market potential criterion.

   There is an interesting difference between what is happening with
digital TV in the UK and the USA. The UK broadcasters are using digital
TV to bombard consumers with more and more channels at medium definition
while US broadcasters are using it to roll out HDTV. Personally I am
surprised at how tolerant UK consumers are of the poor picture and sound
quality of some of these channels. I would rather have HDTV.

Arthur.