RE: [LinkSec] linksec roadmap

> Using, I believe, an unconfirmed key-update protocol.  And
> any key that is shared
>   by millions of users is as useless as no key at all...

No ... these keys are worth about $40.00 a month.

802 link layers support broadcast and multicast, so group keys are a required mechanism.  The size of the groups and means to enroll, distribute, update and disenroll (not to be confused with revoke) are details to be determined.

However ... group keys are bad as the base mechanism.  Enrollment and key changes need to be based on pair-wise authentication.  So ... pairwise authentication is a strong requirement.

Paul