RE: Key Identification RE: [LinkSec] Requirements

Identifing the security association with the MAC address is not the same as authenticating the MAC address or using the MAC address as the peer identity.  So ... I sort-of agree with some of your points.

However:
1) MAC addresses are not adiquate for identification of broadcast 'security associations'.
2) VLANs need to be considered as part of the 'security association' identification.
3) Bridges may play tricks with MAC addresses (yes in a 'pure' architecture they
   should not).  ARP proxies are an example ...

MAC addresses should not be used in certificates (if we get around to using certificates).  This degree of MAC address binding/authentication is inappropriate.  Useful devices may have many MAC addresses, it limits user mobility, etc...

Paul