Re: [LinkSec] 802.16 Wireless MAN security

Marcus:

> > Slide 59, slide 65, and slide 68 contradict each other.  Two slides say DES
> > and the other says 3DES.  I hope it is 3-DES!
>
>The way I read the slides, it looks like TEKs are transferred using
>   3-DES, but the traffic itself is protected with single DES.  Yuck!

Thanks.  I went through them too fast.  I know of some banking systems that
used 3DES for key-encryption keys, and DES for transaction encryption, but
that have all been upgraded (or scheduled to be upgraded).

I think it would be a very bad idea to deploy a new network with DES today.

Russ