From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:dromasca@avaya.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 8:39 AM
To: Ken Alonge; stds-802-linksec@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [LinkSec] LinkSec Security Issues & 802.10

FWIW - I do not support un-hibernating 802.10 before LinkSec concludes this is the way to go. I favor ONE effort within the IEEE 802 in order to address the security work - at architecture and protocol levels. At this point in time it looks to me that the already chartered LinkSec SG is the place where the discussions are taking place, and one of the questions the SG needs to answer is where to place the possible follow-up work. I suggest that the efforts of the participants be focused right now into contributing to the LinkSec chartered work, including recommendations on architecture extensions and on the ways to proceed with Security in IEEE 802. As far as I know, members of the hibernating 802.10 have been invited from the start to take an active part in this work.

Thanks,

Dan