RE: [LinkSec] LinkSec Security Issues & 802.10

Dear colleagues:

Let me offer some advice. Before we are all crowling over each other claiming
that Standard x or Protocol y or Favorite Group of People z are best and that we
should patch up an existing document, start from scratch or do something else,
wouldn't it be a good idea to step back and reflect somewhat? (As for one, I
tried to do this by discussing centralized vs. distributed security models at
the LinkSec meeting). I personally have never seen anything good come out of
groups trying to compete in capturing a problem and claiming it to be their own
(If we desparately seem to need to claim an area, then we have an employment
problem, which is not necessarily the same as serving the interest of sound
security). We can solve security problems by pooling security expertise from
unbiased people, separating good ideas from lesser ones, and moving along
understanding and testing each other's perspective.

Rene