RE: [LinkSec] Failure of probe mechanisms to scale

>I do not see the problem.  The security mechanism should be
>independent of network reconfiguration.

Ok ... I've read more closely the rest of this thread and do
see the potential problems.  Thank's what I get for lurking :-)

The potential problems with placing link security midway in a
nework could be eliminated several ways.  Ideally, the security
mechanisms should be independent of this bridging changes.

Most of the 'useful' scenarios can be made to be independent
of these type of changes.

This class of architectural problem is very similar to the older
dual versus single catenet debate for network security.  I believe
that at the bridging level you could make some simplifing assumtions
and eliminate many of the problems associated with changes in the
spanning tree.

I'll try to draw aome pictures ....

Paul