Re: [802.1] Re: [LinkSec] Proposal on link layer security

Bob's last two points sum it up.  To be more specific, the essential
thing that LinkSec must provide, is assurance to the higher layers
that the source MAC address of a received frame is accurate.  This
is the tool that higher layers can use to ensure all sorts of things.
ARP security is one of those things.  Checking the validity of the
source IP address is another.  If we do our job, then the upper
layers (including 2.5) can do theirs.

-- Norm