Re: [802.1] 802.1ab Status - (Was: RE: [LinkSec] Minutes for March, June)

At 12:33 14/07/2003 +0300, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:

>The minutes of the June meeting are very scarce in detailing the
>discussions around the ballot review of 802.1ab. I am also unhappy about
>at least one of my comments having been rejected, with an answer that
>makes me suspect that the issue was really not understood. Unfortunately
>scheduling conflicts prevented me to attend the meeting, and this might be
>the case for one or two of other meetings this year.
>
>Another example, was there any resolution of the discussion concerning the
>mechanisms to add MIBs and TLVs? The minutes just mention 'discussions'.
>
>Will another draft be available soon? before the plenary next week? It
>looks to me that there is no sufficient time before the plenary next week
>to have a draft published and reviewed.

Dan -

The minutes are not intended to be a blow-by-blow account of ballot
processing or ballot comment dispositions. There is a ballot disposition
document already on the website that records the decisions taken in the AB
ballot resolution discussions:

http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/private/ab-drafts/d4/IEEE%20802.1AB-D4%20comment%20resolution.pdf

username: p8021
password: go_wildcats

I haven't yet heard from Bill when the next rev of the draft will be available.

Regards,
Tony