RE: FW: [LinkSec] updated handoff presentation

And we have had the discussion of whether LLDP is appropriate or not.  Given
that we have decided LLDP is a MAC independent function, running over the
'controlled port' and one that can potentially travel through as well as be
blocked at the edge of provider networks, it leaves two options for
discovery mechanisms as such: (1) MAC specific discovery protocols or (2) as
an embedded part of the authentication link protocol (e.g.802.1X).   Seems
like being part of the link layer transport for EAP is the right place -
this conclusion would be a work item for 802.1X updates being done by
LinkSec.  Of course, we could open the LLDP issue again, but that would be
beating a dead horse. Some people like to do that.

Paul