RE: [LinkSec] LinkSec 80-2.1AE Teleconference notes 9/16/03

Mick:

This is clearly the preferred approach.  In 802.10, we found that some
protocol stacks did not have a way to set the maximum PDU size.  They
generated a full Ethernet frame whenever there was sufficient data in the
buffer.  At layer 2, we cannot assume that all of the traffic is IP.  If
memory serves, most of the protocol stacks with this problem were not IP...

Russ