Re: [LinkSec] LinkSec 80-2.1AE Teleconference notes 9/16/03

Allyn:

Thanks for the clarifications

I take issue with this comment.  It is not true.

>>>.10 fragmentation shouldn't be followed, allows arbitrary fragmentation
>
>I think the person who said this feels that 802.10 allows an arbitrary
>amount of fragmentation, in this case, more than fragmentation into two
>segments, and that he feels that he does not want LinkSec to do
>fragmentation in the same way that 802.10 did.

Take a look at IP -- that allows arbitrary fragmentation.  The
fragmentation is 802.10 could only be invoked as a result of crypto
expansion, so we knew that two fragments was sufficient.  Further, by
breaking the expanded PDU in half, we knew that any subsequent encryption
from another SDE-enabled bridge would not need fragmentation.

Russ