From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:gthompso@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 3:03 PM
To: Rigsbee, Everett O
Cc: stds-802-sec; 802 @F2F Dawn S; 802 @F2F Darcel Moro
Subject: RE: FW: +++ BALLOT: Interim Meeting Agreement

Buzz-

I do understand that the PLAN is to net zero.

However, according to the motion, the 802 treasury is standing behind the
Orlando meeting to the tune of
         1) Guaranteeing that it will happen.
         2) Covering any shortfall
         3) ??
It is not providing the same for other meetings.
That is not equitable and is to the disadvantage of the roughly half of the
802 membership who depend on me to represent them.

I believe that this is in line with the point that Bob Grow made earlier.

Geoff

At 11:36 AM 12/4/00 -0800, Rigsbee, Everett O wrote:

>Geoff,  I think you are misunderstanding the proposal.  All of the expenses
>for the Orlando meeting are being paid by the meeting fees collected from
>the attendees (just as we do at a plenary meeting).  The plan is to tailor
>the
>expenses at the meeting to come out with net balance of $0.  Thus there
>will be no impact on IEEE 802 treasury.  The only role being played by
>IEEE 802 is to serve as the hosting body  to make the meeting arrangements
>and ensure that the Hotel agreement conforms to our stand policies.  The
>meeting fees collected from the attendees will cover all of the actual
>expenses.
>It is possible to track and adjust expenses during the meeting so that they
>exactly match the funds collected.  It is NOT the case that the 802
Treasury
>is subsidizing one meeting and not the other.
>Thanx,  Buzz
>Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
>Boeing SSG
>PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM