From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:gthompso@nortelnetworks.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2001 3:25 PM
To: jcarlo@ti.com
Cc: stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: [802SEC] CD-ROM Duties

do belong to the Executive Secretary

See Procedure 6

LMSC OPERATING RULES REVISED MARCH 15, 2001 PAGE 24 OF 31
IEEE 802 -- 2001/01 FILE: LMRULE0301.DOC
Procedure 6
POLICY FOR DISTRIBUTION OF NEW IEEE LMSC STANDARDS
PUBLICATIONS
1. Books will be distributed to those participants of the Working Group and
major contributors
listed in front matter of the standard who directly contributed to that
standard or supplement.
The LMSC Chair will establish the book distribution policy. The Executive
Secretary in
conjunction with the Working Group chair will implement the policy including
generating
information to provide to the IEEE Office for any distribution by IEEE
Standards.
2. CD-ROMs, containing all IEEE 802 standards available at that point in
time, available
normally at the July Plenary on an annual basis, will be distributed to
registered attendees who
are Working Group voting members or SEC members at the issuing meeting, and
at
subsequent plenary meetings for those not attending the issuing meeting
until a new CD-ROM
is available. Handout will occur on Wednesday (8AM-5PM).
The CD-ROM program will be reviewed annually by the IEEE 802 Chair and the
IEEE
Standards Department to ensure its appropriateness and to make any
adjustments in the
product development process and business arrangements that might be
necessary.

|================================================|
| Geoffrey O. Thompson                           |
| Chair IEEE 802.3                               |
| Nortel Networks, Inc.  M/S SC5-02              |
| 4401 Great America Parkway                     |
| P. O. Box 58185                                |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185  USA                |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339                         |
| Fax:   +1 408 495 5615                         |
| E-Mail: thompson@ieee.org                      |
| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at          |
| http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html <http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html>
| To download your FREE copy of Std. IEEE 802.3  |