RE: [802SEC] CD-ROM Duties

Bob,  You and several other SEC members keep overlooking the Get802
mandatory
6 month black-out period.  I would think most 802 attendees would prefer to
have
access to a complete copy of the latest 802 standards DURING that critical
six
months PLUS period between the date of Stds Bd approval and the date which
is
six months after the actual publication date.  I certainly know I would.

And yes I realize that CD-ROM productions are not always synched to major
standards approval dates, but we have adjusted publication intervals in the
past
to ensure we hit the highest interest documents in a timely fashion.

I would hope that we could automate the production process down to the point
where
all we have to do is update a PDF image or two on a CD-RW master, send it
off and the rest
is automatic.  There is no need/reason to redo/rethink artwork, license
agreements, etc. every
time.  That should all be standard and reused on every order.  I say, KISS
is the way
to go, and I think our members would agree overwhelmingly.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG
PO Box 3707, M/S: 7M-FM