Subject: [802SEC] IMPORTANT - BELLEVUE MEETING CANCELLED FOR 802.11
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:43:41 -0500
Sender: owner-stds-802-sec@majordomo.ieee.org

Stuart and Bob, as chair of IEEE 802, I support your tough decision to
cancel the Bellevue meeting. The 802.3 task forces that were meeting in
Copenhagen next week have also cancelled their meeting.

I have just finished a 25 hour rental car drive from NewJersey to Texas this
week because of uncertainties in airline travel schedules. From my calling
airports, it will still be another few days before anything is certain.

Bob O'Hara/Buzz Rigsbee: IS IT POSSIBLE TO SEND OUT A NOTE TO 802ALL on the
cancelled meetings so that we are sure to get the word out. Note that
802.3af DTE Power via MDI Task Force is still meeting.

Jim Carlo (j.carlo@ieee.org) Cellular:1-214-693-1776
Voice&Fax:1-214-853-5274
TI Fellow, Networking Standards at Texas Instruments
Vice Chair, IEEE-SA Standards Board
Chair, IEEE802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee