From: "Glenn Parsons" <glenn.parsons@ericsson.com>
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Sent: 1/25/2016 11:34:17 AM
Subject: [802SEC] +++ ECM +++ Approval of 5G/IMT-2020 SC +++ Early Close

Dear EC Members,

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me.

======

Background

At the January IEEE 802 meeting there was a discussion on the 5G standardization landscape and in particular a review by Roger Marks on the IMT process (EC-16-10).  The discussion resulted in the creation of a draft scope for an EC standing committee to create a report for the EC to guide IEEE 802.  This motion is the formalization of the SC as a type 2 EC subgroup.   The creation of a new subgroup requires majority approval rate, as per section 5.6 of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies & Procedures.

I am declaring an early close (see below).

Regards,

Glenn

======

Motion

Approve the creation of the IEEE 802 5G/IMT-2020 standing committee (per 5.6 2 of the LMSC P&P) with the following scope and organization:

Scope:

To provide a report on the following items to the EC:

·         Costs and benefits of creating an IEEE 5G specification

·         Costs and benefits of providing a proposal for IMT-2020, considering possible models of a proposal:

o    as a single technology,

o    as a set of technologies,

o    or as one or more technologies within a proposal from external bodies (e.g., 3GPP)

During its lifetime,  to act as the communication point with other IEEE organizations on this topic.

The committee is chartered for 6 months (i.e.,  due July 2016 at the 802 plenary) as an EC SC (type 2).  Any 802 WG voting member may participate as a voting member of the committee.

Move: Glenn Parsons

Second:  James Gilb

Start of ballot: Monday January 25, 2016

Close of ballot: February 4, 2016 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter.

======