[802SEC] IEEE Computer Society - Standards Activities Board Webinar Series - IEEE Standards 802 - Connecting the World: Part II - Wireless

All,

Please see below information regarding the upcoming webinar that our own Dorothy Stanley and Pat Kinney will be doing with Mr. Nikolich to promote 802 Wireless activities in 802.11 and 802.15.  Please feel free to share with your respective reflectors to help inform our members of our 802 Public Visibility activities.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802 Public Visibility Standing Committee

Standards Activities Board Webinar Series
IEEE Standards 802 - Connecting the World: Part II - Wireless

Wednesday, 20 January 2021 11:00 am - 12:00 pm ET
Dorothy Stanley, Head of Standards Strategy, Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company & Pat Kinney, President, Kinney Consulting Company

The technical standards created by the IEEE 802 Local Area Networking / Metropolitan Area Network Standards Committee (LMSC) over the past 40 years have been essential in enabling suppliers of data communications components, products, systems and services to be delivered economically and at an immense scale. The vast, ubiquitous, mostly hidden, data communications infrastructure of the Internet, both wired and wireless, relies on technologies and protocols that have been specified and continually updated by a dedicated group of engineers in the IEEE 802 LMSC.

In the second of this two-part series, Paul Nikolich, the Chair of the IEEE 802 LMSC, will explore 802’s wireless family of standards, with Dorothy Stanley, Chair of the IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN Working Group and Pat Kinney, Chair of the IEEE 802.15 Wireless Specialty Networks Working Group. The breadth of the 802 wireless family and its future will be explored.

Related publication IEEE Internet Computing