Andrew – thank you for getting this started.
For those having difficulty with the link, if you copy it and edit it, you’ll find it inadvertently got some extra text from the line – at least it confused my computer... Below is a fixed version.
I plan to offer a submission related to questions on slide 11 based on my experiences both as a chair and a participant in meetings. I will also cull notes from the other ad hoc and try to summarize issues that have come up.
From: Andrew Myles (amyles) <email@example.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2021 11:39 PM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; George Zimmerman <email@example.com>; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Beth Kochuparambil (edonnay) <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: IEEE 802 future meeting vision ad hoc
cc: IEEE 802 EC for information
You (in to: line) may recall that you volunteered some time ago to participate in the
IEEE 802 future meeting vision ad hoc. I decided to hold off starting work until the Sep 2021 interims were complete, so that we could draw on yet more experience of remote operations during our deliberations.
I have prepared a starter deck (ec-21-0227) for the
ad hoc that will hopefully inspire you to participate and contribute.
The executive summary is:
- In mid Aug 2021, the IEEE 802 EC Chair established the future meeting vision ad hoc
- A reasonably diverse and very experienced group of people have now volunteered for the ad hoc …
- … based on an email that explained the problem to be addressed and some subsequent discussion that highlighted various questions
- An ad hoc teleconference will start by discussing some fundamental questions about remote only ops
- A teleconference will be scheduled when we have submissions … or promises of submissions
- On the basis that there will be at least promises … a
Doodle poll is now open
So this e-mail represents a:
- Call for submissions, particularly related to questions on slide 11 of
- Request to fil out the
Manager, Cisco Standards
Manager, Enterprise Standards
Phone: +61 2 8446 1010
Mobile: +61 418 656587
Cisco Systems Limited
The Forum 201 Pacific Highway
St Leonards 2065
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1