[802SEC] Status of IEEE 802 response to JTC1 regarding 802.11ax PSDO comments

Dear EC Members,

As you may recall, at our 05 October 2021 teleconference we decided to defer approval of an IEEE 802 response to the JTC1 PSDO ballot 802.11ax comments.  Since then I've been in several discussions with SA staff, legal and relevant 802 EC members.  After much discussion, the SA has directed 802 to only respond to the technical comments, while the SA will respond to the IPR related comments and include the 802 responses in the SA's communication back to JTC1.  This is expected to be a quick process, as we will have a motion to approve the 802 responses to technical comments at the opening EC that I expect will be non-controversial, upon which the SA will incorporate them into their response to JTC1, which is expected to be promptly executed by the SA President.

We can discuss this in a bit more depth at our opening EC meeting during the motion to approve the 802 response, but because we have a packed agenda, I will try to limit the time to 5 minutes or so.  Feel free to contact me directly if you want to discuss this item in greater detail.

Regards,

--Paul