Re: [802SEC] Updates to proposed WG P&P
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: Re: [802SEC] Updates to proposed WG P&P
- From: George Zimmerman <george@CMEPHYCONSULTING.COM>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 18:19:52 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; mx.google.com; dkim=pass header.i=@CMEconsulting.onmicrosoft.com header.s=selector2-CMEconsulting-onmicrosoft-com header.b=KjxSVuxS; arc=pass (i=1 spf=pass spfdomain=cmephyconsulting.com dkim=pass dkdomain=cmephyconsulting.com dmarc=pass fromdomain=cmephyconsulting.com); spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=cmephyconsulting.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=cmephyconsulting.com; dkim=pass header.d=cmephyconsulting.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-language :accept-language:in-reply-to:references:message-id:date:thread-index :thread-topic:subject:cc:to:from:dkim-signature; bh=Zb3nlVjvoSzPmEDrDNF6obcE4e8Ln3pbz8EzFnfDfI8=; b=wwssv50o9ZRbNbY7ceqm5rQE/bBpyV3YX56GvAHmT+YyujikHhfJ7JTKjJobziqWop cCcMx+KAwUdP2oELEh/CDUXjBFffW0gXVDwNiNAgKlJPeU4GqyGOigzP206j7ho0W5Z8 8cu4oPEIc5xFG+0Xl1ioUISelUk7IaVCMXmlsbSh9Hjmkq8SjSFdhyFnBwToF0xO2O/8 5rFgMOKA1izgnLIiazyMSN20etac3WZ97l1xRESHzYm0bszRlF8sxALpRULzK3p12Dkt i114gH02X8S85uSJgWIY8ciuwwWO/BFDyPpyUrQzC0oQbSW8NRp2GiW/K5StMJUPWnm5 S8NA==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=Zb3nlVjvoSzPmEDrDNF6obcE4e8Ln3pbz8EzFnfDfI8=; b=MjkjUjHuWuE/3miRiI5/YE6/+2qIYvTRuABHYgJX4NZ1Sjm0SGLInieEyV3MlNw21eAXXPo6YAFlE5/Tl/s6vK/G9AnFtXlo31Uoa8UEcITig/IeQjjfPBLq7PshUkB51IV5X93TNXS5tOkcIOAAmW+WznvyCRmfhoerIFJJ1zyO49neIbVNHX7NBsFLmaPMeknLDfoFzP7fJywGebKJkia0sesZfmQkNuTD7UuV3YjT3V7Ytp5XSWNUcJ6hNnGtqES3WXjZctRPxIfeI5TWEAjRvKMbQoHLad1hffsbjPMW3z4oTPc/c2BqakXQkVhyco1Aee3UvxP/bJRtW8ZotQ==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1637259597; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=NzRwslVcHnMiUpKu73OydNirXQJLkQUZOn+XJT5rbIDbjYa/YhjAweDYyqgF6QuKVW AWnTWjeQgRMusFnCXvIKK5bvIAcEphfmcf3PvN+LbKMTc2YyRakaxMS/5CSUr3/Qq0mZ deZlli+F+ndx5/bPYVZQcgj5OHeSCfUd3nodUtzt9sRm2c4DSynIhldwcZlswdzRqbOP 77t/u/9+/3BKLWf3fNDzFb9w/Zr7RnWIEsGNgQlU04m8OEwTUWtE7oSgChkcDXKyJwwx 1dTp9Jlxwf1W70w2mwupw8Sx3vTYsjDcOV7yrH6kl2krPDyQBUZQwubmnnzBnVuKzqkH Hs8w==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=h5j3ON6xNhPZ4VCDLYXbdjQIAj45Zt8tM89o9GEW9y6bK1ELiue6Ifd4fUBbpKExHUvczxm9+Af/Bc+rGmiQf49qg52FmORLeVUwaReRlpmHVgT5daLd1ciomRoo75QVA3dnJKKnVoEYWlHmAvrNKK3Ev+Uz1pkvELUozYXnnhsa3uhLU/LWIzWXJzvfLWkuwmB4kJ73eovq3qvbA7CdH04o6LvUaU7rTfceLOliwA9hQpuFy3ODcr9kzZB7knM7ukMD+x6+Zyo4XiNhFNHa1W6QYzDfIQHMGjUNMMjGBrX/9z9MHm2X2HHKwBNnEGW4e9yU0ZydgV3Khm2bImw1Pw==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Delivered-to: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
- In-reply-to: <59A57FAA-DDA1-4197-9FC4-352B1E0B0C7C@cox.net>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <756D4B9E-DB2C-483E-B0FA-CF927560DEF1@cox.net> <BYAPR04MB46794D652E70E9CFB7C5D52BBE9B9@BYAPR04MB4679.namprd04.prod.outlook.com> <59A57FAA-DDA1-4197-9FC4-352B1E0B0C7C@cox.net>
- Reply-to: George Zimmerman <george@CMEPHYCONSULTING.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Thread-index: AQHX3JS8t4fDqU78PE2GMKMnuk+Yy6wJjcWAgAADEUCAAAZNgIAAAGVA
- Thread-topic: [802SEC] Updates to proposed WG P&P
Right. I was trying to check it. my recollection was that at one point the fee for a single ballot was less than being a member.
But your point about fulfilling openness is taken. Reading the below, are you opposing to the deletion, or supporting it - since the text to be deleted says ' Membership in the IEEE SA will also allow participants to join the Standards Association ballot group' - I could see you thinking that the EXISTING text (to be deleted) suggests that the only way to join the SA ballot group is to be a memer of the SA
From: ROBERT GROW <email@example.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 10:15 AM
To: George Zimmerman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Updates to proposed WG P&P
As long a I can remember, the per ballot fee has been the same as IEEE membership + IEEE SA membership. If someone can’t pay a per ballot fee then there is a bigger problem. I expect on some projects, someone that would be an interested party may not be qualified to join IEEE. The per ballot fee option is there to fulfill the principle of openness. (BTW, ieee.org is down right now and so I can’t check or copy the text on joining.)
> On Nov 18, 2021, at 9:55 AM, George Zimmerman <email@example.com> wrote:
> Bob - I know the rules say you can pay a per-ballot fee; however, I haven't checked this year, but when we did the 802.3cg SA ballot in 2019, I checked into the per-ballot fee option. It was essentially closed off. There was no easy way to pay. AND, when we inquired, it was the same (or more, I forget) than joining SA if you were an IEEE member already. Maybe they've fixed that with the new myballot? Has anyone checked?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> On Behalf Of ROBERT GROW
> Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 9:41 AM
> To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
> Subject: Re: [802SEC] Updates to proposed WG P&P
> I find this misleading. Unless I’ve missed a process change, SA Ballots can also be participated in via payment of a per-ballot fee. People may infer from the second sentence that IEEE SA membership is the only way to join the ballot group.
>> On Nov 17, 2021, at 5:47 PM, James P. K. Gilb <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I forgot a couple of suggested changes for 4.2 Voting Membership
>> The reviewers suggested deleting:
>> "Although not a requirement for membership in the Working Group, participants are encouraged to join the IEEE, IEEE SA and the IEEE Computer Society. Membership in the IEEE SA will also allow participants to join the Standards Association ballot group."
>> as it is not a requirement and so really doesn't belong in the P&P (we could put it in an OM).
>> Also, editorial correction:
>> "A recent Interim Session is any of the Interim Sessions after the first of the four most recent Plenary Sessions."
>> (i.e., make the second two instances of Session plural)
>> An updated proposed P&P with these changes has been uploaded to:
>> James Gilb
>> This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
> This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.