|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
The Nominations and Appointments Committee (N&A) of the IEEE SA Board of Governors is soliciting the names and qualifications of candidates to serve on the 2023 IEEE SA Standards Board (SASB) and its Standing Committees.
The IEEE SA Standards Board is responsible for:
a) Encouraging and coordinating the development and revision of IEEE standards;
b) Approving the initiation of IEEE standards projects;
c) Reviewing all proposed IEEE standards to determine whether the proposed standards conform to the requirements established by the IEEE SA Standards Board and whether consensus has been achieved for approval of the proposed standards;
d) Granting final approval to IEEE standards prior to publication.
If you would like to be considered for a one-year term for the 2023 IEEE SA Standards Board/Committees, please note the following requirements that apply to any potential candidate, and forward a completed Candidate Form (see attachment) to Dave Ringle [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Please reply by 01 June 2022.
The slate of candidates will be forwarded to the IEEE SA Board of Governors Nominations and Appointments Committee (N&A) for its review later in the year, with a final decision to be made in December.
Requirements for IEEE SA Standards Board membership:
1. The time commitment is three in-person meetings and at least one teleconference in 2023 plus appropriate preparation time. Please note the in-person meetings are located globally across different regions.
The IEEE SA Standards Board series covers three days. The Standing Committees of the Board (Audit Committee, New Standards Committee, Patent Committee, Procedures Committee, and Standards Review Committee) meet the first two days of the series and the Standards Board meets the final day.
Attendance is expected at all meetings. If appointed to the SASB, you will also participate on at least one Standing Committee as well. This would incur another 1 or 2 days of meetings prior to the Standards Board meeting as noted above.
2. This is normally a non-funded position. You (or your employer) are expected to fund your travel.
3. You must have an email address, web access, and a laptop computer to bring to the meetings.
4. Each Standards Board member shall be of Member or higher grade of the IEEE and also shall be an individual member of the IEEE Standards Association.
5. Standing Committee members shall be individual members of the IEEE Standards Association.
Please contact Dave Ringle [email@example.com] if you have any questions.
The Standards Board web area is located at https://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/
We look forward to your participation in 2023.
Robert Fish, Chair
IEEE SA Board of Governors Nominations and Appointments Committee
To unsubscribe from the STD-LIAISON-REPS list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STD-LIAISON-REPS&A=1
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1