Re: [802SEC] Montreal COVID-19 contingency plan

We are including the following in future messaging about the plenary.

Here are a few reminders and some further information:

  1. Please book your hotel accommodation as soon as possible; there are several major events happening in Montreal at the same time as the Plenary session, and accommodation may become hard to find.
  2. Currently Canada has covid related travel restrictions in place. The latest information can be found here: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
  3. For those that require a covid-19 test for international travel after the plenary, there are some choices:  [information from Dawn goes here] .
  4. Please note that if your travel requires you to have a covid-19 test to travel, and you receive a positive test result, you will almost certainly have to quarantine in Montreal.  It is your responsibility to organise accommodation in case of this occurrence: note that due to the many events being held in Montreal the Sheraton as well as other nearby hotels isare already fully booked and likely will not have “short notice” accommodation.

 Please Note :

May 14, The Mask Mandate in Montreal was dropped

June 12, Testing requirements to enter the United States has been removed.

June 20, people travelling domestically or with outbound flights from Canada no longer need to show proof they are fully vaccinated, but it is still necessary for foreign travellers entering into Canada to be fully vaccinated.  Masks are still mandatory for those travelling by plane or train.

THE BEST SOURCE OF CURRENT INFORMATION: COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders - Travel.gc.ca

Regards,

Jon

Jon Rosdahl                             Engineer, Senior Staff
IEEE 802 Executive Secretary   Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
office: 801-492-4023                  10871 North 5750 West
cell:   801-376-6435                   Highland, UT 84003

A Job is only necessary to eat!

A Family is necessary to be happy!!