[802SEC] IEEE P802.3df draft PAR and CSD modification request and IEEE P802.3dj draft PAR and CSD responses
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: [802SEC] IEEE P802.3df draft PAR and CSD modification request and IEEE P802.3dj draft PAR and CSD responses
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 08:05:59 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=hpe.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=hpe.com; dkim=pass header.d=hpe.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=a5OkA4K3YLfi4v0aJUQFSoO7sIwel+96yKOk3ecldeU=; b=PE8ZbAYzUbwJeVy4afQ5VwPqnhb8u4JStA1Kg0mwZa+g7m8YxFO1Ycw+iw4B0ZwB4qnOP/7/rVp7tvJ3f0qjS+lwWErJpP36sebVT9gZl7hIKdquSnKISjKANEdxOya5wg9G2wyOOA16m9YQX8YRkTBP885gBx8knpb9B1UuC9HiW1z0PR/JEZNyouAgRv++/kdPa/nBxTGcWr/bqAlUU20+UFK2PkZRLXCYx7EH75zgPg2uH29Cx2PTClSzmm0erntjONDLGOO7inb02jTqUv+LJiH9tmmFjhfEyMOan+YVt+v3PHV6ERoBhpuvVF8UG9GZC5duDAaV8TxjH+4AWg==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=m+IFjpFpnAQjsTqS288Al6rItctc++ylrx2BtvX1XkCe05hMhLOW0QVQ+BQSZO5EosqDoIKLdb08b8oSVWkrs5MMmB8DdUqHD9PVVK49Kh07BpRcJx9m9a5qdeLEuAB9OWD50Cb9PrWbWzFBo7d9c5Cb83irbwgoy458s78hgHB9DvX9p2FUjHXU4ReqJPuHQmdRqGZl6sK8Jz47xITj70RFYEMO5/fgIuUGMlEO+A5BMtZoVvPVqekp2uXGgRrlS87qk5sIn2hplj22chkEmN623PaKyoFG0tH8rWugNlS1iIPIfdsgpjAj5inKcN9vPJwprMLjY7jAyo//SRiFgA==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Thread-index: AdjTZa67+ROCu3h6RwqQItyl+hwZ4A==
- Thread-topic: IEEE P802.3df draft PAR and CSD modification request and IEEE P802.3dj draft PAR and CSD responses
Dear EC members,
In support of subclause 9.2 'LMSC Approval' of the LMSC Operations Manual, please find below the required information with respect to the IEEE P802.3df Media Access Control Parameters for 800 Gb/s and Physical Layers and Management Parameters for 400 Gb/s and 800 Gb/s Operation and draft PAR modification request and the IEEE P802.3dj Media Access Control Parameters for 1.6 Tb/s and Physical Layers and Management Parameters for 200 Gb/s, 400 Gb/s, 800 Gb/s, and 1.6 Tb/s Operation draft PAR for consideration at the November 2022 plenary.
 Draft PAR and CSD responses:
IEEE P802.3df draft PAR modification request: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/22/ec-22-0196-01-00EC-draft-ieee-p802-3df-par-modification.pdf>
IEEE P802.3df draft CSD modifications: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/22/ec-22-0197-01-00EC-draft-ieee-p802-3df-csd-modification.pdf>
IEEE P802.3dj draft PAR: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/22/ec-22-0198-01-00EC-draft-ieee-p802-3dj-par.pdf>
IEEE P802.3dj draft CSD: <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/22/ec-22-0199-01-00EC-draft-ieee-p802-3dj-csd.pdf>
 Explanatory technical background material:
It became apparent to the IEEE 802.3 Working Group that a portion of the current IEEE P802.3df project would leverage existing 100 Gb/s signalling technologies developed for existing standards and projects, while the other portion of the current IEEE P802.3df project would leverage new greater than 100 Gb/s signalling technologies. It was also recognized that the development of a standard based on existing technologies would occur on a faster timeline than a standard based on the development of new signalling technologies. As a result, the portion of the IEEE P802.3df project that would leverage new greater than 100 Gb/s signalling technologies has been removed from the IEEE P802.3df amendment PAR and placed in the new IEEE P802.3dj amendment PAR.
 Status of the development of the PAR:
The draft PARs and CSD responses are pending IEEE 802.3 Working Group approval at the November 2022 plenary.
Since the submission deadline for the December 2022 meeting occurs prior to the date of the November IEEE 802 EC meeting, I will pre-submit the draft PARs to NesCom on the understanding that:
[a] Any changes to the draft PAR text resulting from the Plenary will be promptly communicated to the NesCom Administrator.
[b] Should the IEEE 802.3 Working Group not approve the submissions, they will be removed from the IEEE 802 LMSC Executive Committee and NesCom agenda.
[c] Should the IEEE 802 LMSC Executive Committee not approve the submissions, they will be removed from the NesCom agenda.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.