Re: [802SEC] new 802/JTC1 Standing Committee Chair Appointment -- Peter Yee due to Andrew Myles resignation

G’day Paul

Thank you for your kind words.

My IEEE 802 journey has been a significant and very rewarding part of my career. I delighted that I could assist in some small way in making IEEE 802 technologies (especially IEEE 802.11/Wi-Fi) a success. Sometimes this required technical contributions and sometimes it was more political (or legal). I have enjoyed it all.

However, while I plan to remain connected to IEEE SA standards in 2023 as a member of the IEEE SA SB (and perhaps a little consulting), now is the time to challenge myself in other ways. I am currently mostly excited by my plans (with my wife) to mountain bike across South Australia in 2023, Europe in 2024 (maybe dropping in on the Olympics) and the US in 2025 … while I am still young enough!

I also want to thank Peter Yee for agreeing to take over the Chair of the IEEE 802 JTC1 SC. It is important work and I am certain he will do an awesome job!

Andrew Myles

PS I live in Sydney – anyone who worked with me over the years should feel free to drop in for a bike ride through my local National Park. My contact details are: andrew@myles.au or andrew@myles.net.au and +61 418 656587