Re: [802SEC] Are there any fee waiver requests for the March 2023 LMSC plenary session?

David - thank you for the early heads-up, rather than us having to clean-up after the fact.  Of course this seems appropriate, and a (very) special circumstance.
-george

-----Original Message-----
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> On Behalf Of Law, David
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2023 8:54 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Are there any fee waiver requests for the March 2023 LMSC plenary session?

Hi Jon,

The IEEE P802.3ck Task Force Chair, Beth Kochuparambil, is on maternity leave, and will not be attending the March 2023 Plenary Session. The March 2023 IEEE 802.3 Closing Plenary meeting is, however, when we plan to recognise key contributors to the IEEE P802.3ck project with awards now that IEEE Std 802.3ck-2022 is published. Beth would like to attend, only during that agenda item, to help recognise the awardees.

I had originally intended to request a fee waiver, but then noted that Clause 5 'IEEE 802 LMSC sessions' of the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0090-25-0PNP-ieee-802-lmsc-operations-manual.pdf#page=11> includes the text 'The Working Group Chair may designate specific individual experts who are allowed to participate in Working Group discussions via electronic means during an in-person meeting for the benefit of the group. These individuals are not considered to be attending the meeting and so they are not required to pay meeting fees and they do not get participation credit. The participation of these individuals should be limited to specific technical topics. Such participation shall be documented in the minutes of the Working Group meeting.'.

Since the March 2023 IEEE 802 Plenary session announcement <http://802world.org/plenary/> says '... the March 2023 IEEE 802 LMSC Plenary Session will be conducted in person in Atlanta, GA USA with provisions to support mixed mode (i.e., remote attendance).', and after the concurrence of Paul and James, I am going to use the Clause 5 provides to allow Beth to attend

I will ask for an agenda item at the IEEE 802 Opening so that this can be recorded to make sure Beth isn't listed as a deadbeat. I'm not sure if this was what you were asking about when you asked about meeting exemptions.

Best regards,
  David

-----