Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] Seeking HARQ MAP clarifications

hi,

I would try to answer some of ur q

>2) It is specified that for band-AMC
>allocations made by H-ARQ map message, an AMC >slot will consist of 6
contiguous
>bins in a same logical band. Accordingly 6 bins x >1 symbol and 3 bins x 2

>symbols subchannel definitions are made and these >types are specified in
the
>format configuration IE. But an AMC logical band >has 4, 8, 16, 32, 64
bins. In
>case of 4 bins the 6 bins x 1 symbol does not fit >at all. In the other
cases the
>subchannels do not fit exactly (some gaps >remain). If it is assumed that

>subchannels wrap around to the next symbol as it >appears to be for the
6x1
>configuration in the corrigendum, then the >subchannel definitions will
change,
>for e.g. 6 bin x 1 symbol will actually span 2 >symbols. Moreover such a
wrap
>around is not specified for the 3 bins x 2 >symbols configuration, which
also
>does not fit exactly in the band.

There is no such thing as a 6binx1sym slot. It is called the default type
and defined as vertical rastering within a band. so for the so called
"default type", the no. of bins in a logical band does not matter in any
case.

>7) The SUB_MAPs, HARQ DL MAP IE and related
>sub-burst IEs in the 16e draft seem to resolve >these issues and provide
the same
>functionality as the HARQ MAP. Is there any >specific advantage of using
the HARQ
>MAP instead of the HARQ DL MAP IE.

HARQ MAP is more compact especially when the BS is HARQing with multiple
SS's. Also, as is specified in 8.4.5.3.22 of 16e/D7, HARQ DL MAP IE does
not have the capability to support all HARQ schemes for all coding schemes,
for eg. it does not support IR-HARQ for coding schemes other than CTC and
CC as there is no compact way to mention specify profiles for IR
transmissions.

Moreover I have the following queries reg HARQ

1. what is the reason for "each HARQ MAP message shall have a different modulation and coding rate"

2. what is the exact use of safety zones

regards
bala