stds-802-16: Session #3: Boulder, September 13-17, 1999 (First Notice)

[Notice: It is the policy of 802.16 to treat messages posted here as non-confidential.]

I am calling Session #3 of the IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access for September 13-17, 1999 at the Regal Harvest House in Boulder, Colorado, USA. The Coexistence, PHY, and MAC Task Groups will meet; the System Requirements Task Group does not currently plan to. An 802.16 Plenary Meeting is planned for Friday morning, September 17.

As background: In Montreal, the Coexistence Task Group requested a meeting in Boulder that week. It was decided that the PHY and MAC Task Groups will also be ready to hold their next meetings at that time and will particularly benefit from any resolution of System Requirements issues that can take place during the August 4-6 Denver meeting. [After Session #3, we plan to revert to a schedule of one Interim Session between each pair of 802 Plenary Sessions.]

Several people also requested that the PHY and Coexistence TGs meet in serial rather than in parallel to accommodate those people with an interest in both. I was able to reserve the Regal Harvest House, site of Session #0, for the entire week. Subject to approval by the TGs, the Coexistence and MAC TGs can begin the week in parallel (starting Monday at 1 pm) and the PHY TG can have the latter part of the week to itself (up until the 802.16 Closing Plenary on Friday morning).

I have created a Session #3 web page <http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/16/meetings/mtg03> with a tentative agenda, meeting room information, and logistical details. The Task Groups should look this over and see how it will meet their requirements so that we can begin firming up the agenda over the next few weeks.

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
National Wireless Electronic Systems Testbed (N-WEST) <http://nwest.nist.gov>
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO
phone: 1-303-497-3037  fax: 1-303-497-7828