Re: [802.19] [802.15_GENERAL] TGn Letter Ballot Support

Title: Re: [802.15_GENERAL] TGn Letter Ballot Support

Hi all,

Since John Barr chose to mention me by name, I suppose I have to give the background on the comment resolution to his comment.

  • I posted an email to the 802.11n reflector announcing my submission for 40MHz comments on May 7.
  • As chair of the TGn Coexistence Ad Hoc Committee, I also posted an email to the 802.11n reflector on May 7 announcing the TGn Coexistence Ad Hoc agenda for the interim meeting.  Included was a list of submissions.  My submission was included in the list.
  • I presented my submission on May 13 in the TGn Coexistence Ad Hoc meeting during the TGn time slot allocated to the Coexistence Ad Hoc.  There was no objection to the resolution of his comment.
  • The role of the Ad Hoc is only to prepare resolutions.  All resolutions are later motioned in a full TGn meeting.  I sent an announcement to the 802.11n reflector on May 14 that the motion will take place during the full TGn meeting on May 15.
  • If I remember correctly, John Barr came to me to inquire about the resolution to comment on May 14.  To allow him to speak on behalf of his comment, I separated his comment into a separate motion from the other Coexistence Ad Hoc comment resolutions to allow ample opportunity for discussion.

As demonstrated, we have an extremely open and flexible process in 802.11n.  There are numerous announcements made regarding comment resolution.  Furthermore, multiple opportunities are given for commentors to address their comments before the group.

Regarding John Barr’s comment regarding lack of speakers for the motion, we have been addressing such comments for several years now.  I surmise that participants in 802.11n did not have any new to add to the discussion that wasn’t already stated many times in the last several years.

Regards,

Eldad