Re: [802.19] TVWS Coexistence Plan - Deliverables

IEEE 802.19 TVWS Coexistence SG,

                I have been thinking about the best way to agree on a set of deliverables.  I recommend the following process.

1.       Select a set of possible deliverables – This can be done on next week’s conference call via email reflector

2.       Straw poll each of the possible deliverables to see if there is support for making it an actual deliverable – This can be done via email.

I recommend on next week’s conference call the SG develop the “List of possible deliverables.”  I will not be on the call so Ivan will run the call.

Here are my suggested deliverables,

·         An IEEE 802.19 document on coexistence scenarios of TV white space networks

·         An IEEE 802.19 document on coexistence metrics for measuring the level of coexistence between TV white space networks

·         An IEEE 802.19 document on coexistence mechanisms for enhancing coexistence between TV white space networks

On next week’s call and via email please decide on any other “potential deliverables.”  I would expect all the deliverables to be documents of one form or another, but someone may have another idea of a good deliverable.  Ivan or Mark can then email me any other potential deliverables.

After we have such a list I will run an email straw poll to see how much support there is for each of these.  This is just a straw poll so we need to think about how much support is needed to decide that the SG wants to develop such a deliverable.  I will recommend that we only develop deliverables that receive 75% support.  If there is less support than that I would say that development of such a document would be optional.  I don’t want to commit to developing something that has marginal support.

Regards,

Steve