Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBF] Announcement: Motions for TGbf on August 17

Hi Dongguk,

Thank you for your prompt response and explanation to my questions.

Regarding my question 2) under Motion 1, I may not make myself clear. I didn’t ask reusing “NDPA and NDP procedure”, but reusing the NDPA frame. For VHT and HE, the procedure you proposed may make sense (but, still, VHT and HE use different NDPA frame, and VHT STA cannot understand HE NDPA frame.). For HT, it doesn’t. You are right about the existence of NDP announcement in the HT Control field. But it is still not the same as the NDPA frame defined in VHT and HE.  Basically, my concern is about the combination of the sub-bullet “The detailed definition of the NDP Announcement frame is TBD” and the Note “This procedure can be applied to pre-HE STAs (i.e. not limited to HE/EHT STAs)”. The NDP announcement/control frames and procedures have been defined for HE and pre-HE. A new TBD NDPA frame may not work for those legacy devices (HE and pre-HE) unless some reserved bits are available for sensing.

Another clarification question about the Motion 1: In the second sub-bullet, you have “The transmitter shall …”. Which transmitter is it? Is it the same one as the one transmitting the NDPA frame? If so, I suggest change the first sub-bullet to “The measurement is initiated by a STA by transmitting an NDP Announcement frame.”

Regarding my first question for Motion 2, since 11az will be available after 11ax, the procedure defined in Motion can’t be used for 11ax. Right?  Also, if you would like to apply this for EHT, an agreement at TGbe should be made.

By the way there is a typo in Motion 2 text: “11bf supports an Trigger/NDP-based measurement procedure in which

Best regards,

Ray