Re: [STDS-802-11] Deprecation of IBSS, MBSS and/or PBSS (11me/D1.0 CIDs 1639, 1640 and 1641)

Those comments do not seem to provide any real justification for deprecating IBSS, PBSS, or MBSS. It would be helpful to get some actual data to back up the claim/implication of no one caring about these.. And doing that is going to be quite challenging taken into account there are likely quite a few people who do care. In fact, there are products supporting these capabilities and those are being deployed in new devices. As an example, the Linux kernel mac80211 component has support for MBSS and there are number of drivers that support this capability and as far as I know, this is being used in deployed devices.

What does the "not being maintained" claim try to say here? MBSS has been extended to support VHT and HE both in the standard and in a deployed implementation.

- Jouni