Re: [STDS-802-11] REVme: CID 1011 / doc 11-22/115

The Operating Class and Primary Channel subfields are present if the FILS Discovery frame is transmitted in a non-HT duplicate PPDU.

Does this need an "and are not present otherwise"?

When present, the fields indicate the following:

·         If the operating class has a channel spacing other than 80 MHz

·         Operating bandwidth of the BSS (which equals to the channel spacing of the operating class)

I think the term is "BSS bandwidth".  Also, I think the parenthetical is confusing and this would be clearer as "BSS bandwidth, equal to the channel spacing"

·         Center frequency of the BSS

I am not sure a BSS has a frequency per se.  Maybe by analogy with T9-313 etc. say "Center frequency of the channel on which the BSS operates"?

·         The center frequency of the primary channel

"The center" -> "Center"

·         If the operating class has a channel spacing of 80 MHz

·         Operating bandwidth of the BSS is either 80 MHz or 80+80 MHz

BSS bandwidth

·         Center frequency of the primary 80 MHz channel

Is there a primary 80 MHz channel in an 80 MHz BSS?  See definition: "primary 80 MHz channel: In a 160 MHz or 80+80 MHz basic service set (BSS), the 80 MHz channel that is used to transmit 80 MHz physical layer (PHY) protocol data units (PPDUs)."

·         The center frequency of the primary channel

"The center" -> "Center"

NOTE 1 – If a received FILS Discovery frame does not include the Primary Channel subfield, the primary channel is the channel on which the PPDU was received.

NOTE 2 – A STA that receives a FILS Discovery frame containing an Operating Class subfield indicating a channel spacing of 80 MHz can determine the operating bandwidth of the BSS by receiving a Beacon or a Probe Response frame on the primary channel indicated in the FILS Discovery frame.

BSS bandwidth

Thanks,

Mark

--

Mark RISON, Standards Architect, WLAN   English/Esperanto/Français

Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre       Tel: +44 1223  434600

Innovation Park, Cambridge CB4 0DS      Fax: +44 1223  434601

ROYAUME UNI                             WWW: http://www.samsung.com/uk

During last week's TGm call, we discussed the resolution for CID 1011 and made a few live updates to the proposed text. Shown below is the text that we ended up with during the call. I’d like to check if there are any further opinion/suggestions related to this text.

-------

The Operating Class and Primary Channel subfields are present if the FILS Discovery frame is transmitted in a non-HT duplicate PPDU. When present, the fields indicate the following:

[...]

Is there a strong opinion against removing the 2nd sub-bullet (related to ‘Center frequency’)?

Regards,
Abhi