RE: stds-802-16-mobile: Handoff Ad-Hoc Inputs

Please consider using the ITU-R definition of Handover (e.g., reference: Recommendation ITU-R M.1224):

"Handover

The action of switching a call in progress from one cell to another (intercell) or between radio channels in the same cell (intracell) without interruption of the call.

NOTE 1 - Handover is used to allow established calls to continue when mobile stations move from one cell to another (or as a method to minimize co channel interference)."

Please note that in this definition "cell" may also refer to a "sector"; please consider also the definition of "cell":

"Cell

The radio coverage area of a satellite spot beam or a base station, or of a subsystem (e.g. sector antenna) of that base station corresponding to a specific logical identification on the radio path, whichever is smaller.

NOTE 1 - Every mobile station in a cell may be reached by the corresponding radio equipment."

If you have other issues of terminology, you may wish consult the ITU-T online database (SANCHO), although it does not yet include the ITU-R terms (only ITU-T):

http://www.itu.int/sancho/index.asp

Regards,

Jose