Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Questions to clarify

Hi Ronnykim - please see my thoughts inline below.
Rgds.
-Prakash

From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@listserv.ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-16-mobile@listserv.ieee.org] On Behalf Of ronnykim
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 10:17 PM
To: STDS-802-16-MOBILE@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [handoff] Questions to clarify

Dear All

I have some questions regarding the document named "Definitions for Handover Process Optimizations"

which Yigal had presented before the closing plenary of Session #31.

Would anyone please clarify the questions below.

1. At last page, The document will list-up contributions related to HO in session #31.

    (see the title "List of documents in session #31 that were related to HO")

    Q1. Does it mean that the scope of the handover ad hoc will be restricted within

contributions of session #31?.

>> Not necessarily. We will consider all contributions that were deferred or rejected for lack of context in Shenzhen. But we expect that these contributions will be updated based on discussions in the next few weeks. Other (new) contributions will also be needed to address gaps.

    Q2. If the scope is not restricted within the contributions of session #31,

I would like to know how new contributions will be managed (e.g. procedures, timeline)?

>> I sent out an email with suggested timelines.

2. There are 2 different features in the table in the document : "Basic", "Advanced".

   Q1. what are differences between "Basic" and "Advanced"?

        for example) Basic-OFDMA vs Advanced-OFDMA.

>> Yigal / Yong Chang might have to annotate the document before circulating so these terms are understood.

3. I would like to know what should be discussed by this Wednesday.

    To my understanding, if there are new items (e.g. type of HO scenarios or terminologies

not listed on the documents) to add to the document, these issues can be emailed

and fixed through the reflector by Wednesday.

    Is my understanding correct?

>> Wednesday is too aggressive so I have suggested a slightly different timeline in my previous email. But please do start sending in your thoughts so others can review and comment.

Best Regards,

Ronny (Yong-Ho) Kim

LG Electronics inc.