[STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Bridge and proposed agenda for 6/17 call

Title: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Handoff] Bridge and proposed agenda for 6/17 call

Thu, June 17th, 6 AM - 9 AM U.S. Pacific time - bridge reserved for 3 hours
Dial in number: 916-356-2663
Bridge: 4
Passcode: 0276106

With the drafting sessions upon us, I suggest that we work our way through a prioritized list of issues - hopefully we can reach rough consensus on many of these. Following is a proposed list; we can scrub this during the 1st few minutes of the call and go from there.

Please review the contributions prior to the call so we can jump into Q&A and discussion on how to converge. Most of the contributions listed below are in the temporary folder for handoff adhoc; if not they should be under session #31 proceedings off wirelessman.org.

1. Discussion on harmonized contribution C802.16e-04_87r2 (please review this in advance of the call)

2. Closure on definitions of Base station ID, Operator ID, Sector ID and Frequency Assignment (FA) ID - including relationship, hierarchy etc.

3. Closure on harmonization of 105_Inter-sector HO and 04/58

3. SHO harmonization with fast switching BS HO and hybrid approach
 - Samsung was supposed to upload a contribution but have'nt seen that yet
 - No harmonized contribution yet (SHO / fast switching BS HO / hybrid)

4. Any specific recommendations for changes / additions to DCD map to optimize / support HO

5. Scanning optimizations. Contributions to discuss:
- Simplified scanning procedure
- A method of scanning neighbor BSs periodically-rev 1
- Scanning optimization
- Method to reduce number of scanning

6. Decision on ARID vs. prefix/subnet ID for optimizing IP connection establishment (use Ronny Kim's contribution 90r2 as basis)

7. Idle mode related contributions:
04/66r1 - Location management for supporting Idle mode
04/108
04/28r1
04/105 - Complementing Idle Mode handover operations

7. Other contributions:
- Overhead reduction for initial ranging
- Ping pong criteria (do we have proposed text?) 04/55r3
- MSS release after completing initial network entry
- 04/48
- 04/57
- 04/76r2
- 04/61
- 04/65
- 04/50r1
- 04/51r1

* Any contributions addressing different FFT size between sectors (so far we have none)

* Any contributions related to informative text additions

* Any contributions related to clarifications / changes to SDLs

Regards,
-Prakash