From: owner-stds-802-16-mobile@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-16-mobile@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG]On Behalf Of galahad
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 9:36 PM
To: STDS-802-16-MOBILE@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [Harmonization] MBS Harmonization

Some comments on the MBS contribution follows(Same text is put in
H80216e-04_06.doc)

1.    MBS for Sleep Mode
On page 5 (3) MBS_MAP Information Element, Runcom's comment mentions about
MBS service in sleep mode. But Samsung's proposed text only mentions about
idle mode. I'd say MBS service shall be supported in any mode including
sleep mode also.

2.    Content Server Acquisition Method
On page 3 MBS Information Acquisition section, how the MSS acquires MBS
content server's IP address is not known. Maybe it's out of scope or maybe
not depending how to do it. If it's address is in the MSS in static manner,
it's out of scope. But if it's address or FQDN is broadcasted via MAC
message, it should be discussed in our TG.

3.    Multicast IP Addr/Port in DSX-REQ
On page 3 second figure, DSA-REQ forwards multicast IP addr and port to BS.
I guess multicast IP addr and port should be newly added to the DSX-REQ  MAC
message encodings or it utilize IP destination address and Protocol source
port range field. But I prefer the former.

4.    Mapping between Muticast IP Addr/Port and Multicast CID
How does the MSS maps Multicast IP Addr/Port to Multicast CID or Broadcast
CID? Is the mapping information comes with the DSA-RSP? If it's true, that
mapping information needs to be coordinated between BS and MBS server. Or by
other means?

5.    Broadcast versus Multicast
How does the MSS differentiate between broadcast and multicast? Is it purely
depends on CID value range? If it's true, then when MSS gets information
with HTTP  Response(MBS Contents List), that means MSS cannot recognize
which content is for broadcast or multicast?

6.    MBS Zone Concept
As the author says, " A BS may concurrently support multiple MBS Zones, but
only one MBS zone identifier for one broadcast and multicast service shall
be used in a BS". Like Paging group, one MBS zone might have some geographic
service area and if that multiple MBS zone's geographic service area are not
the same. How does the MSS know the boundary with different value of the
same MBS zone? So I guess MBS zone should be kind of Paging Zone concept.
With that concept, in the same MBS zone area, as the Samsung says, MBS
related parameter does not change. But I think MBS Zone ID should be
advertised in e.g. NBR-ADV.

7.    MBS Accounting
Not only MBS Accounting but also 802.16e Accounting is not defined yet.
Where can we discuss and define accounting procedure? In TGg? As with the
802.1X accounting, in 802.16e Accounting has to be defined ASAP from the
operator's perspective. Whether we submit MBS framework to Tge and MBS
accounting to TGg, I'd like to define MBS accounting with Samsung's
contribution at the same time.