stds-802-16: IEEE-SA Patent Licensing Policy applied to P802.16

In accord with the terms of the new IEEE-SA Patent Licensing
procedures (see below), the Working Group Chair is to solicit a
Letter of Assurance once "made aware of a company potentially having
essential patents, relating to the standard under development. This
awareness may come from employees of the company responding to a call
for patents; a third party notification; information gained from a
trade article or paper; or another source."

Following this procedure, I have written to the three companies
identified, in notices posted to our web site
<http://ieee802.org/16/ipr/patents/notices>, in connection with
P802.16. You may find my solicitations by clicking the dates in the
column marked "Reply Letter and Date".

I have not responded to the fourth notice because it identified not
P802.16 but  P802.16.3 (currently numbered P802.16a). It is my
impression that I should wait until a draft is available. I am
expecting one in September.

Roger